Awards and experiences
- Born in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Medical studies in Göttingen, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) with Professor Dr Ivo Pitanguy and at the Grote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1991-1996 Medical specialist training and granting of a doctorate at the department of otorhinolaryngology of the University Hospital in Göttingen
- 1996-1999 Consultant in the ENT department at the Teaching Hospital Bonn-Bad Godesberg with the additional qualification “facial plastic surgery”.
- Foreign languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Specialisation within the field of aesthetic surgery
Through specialisation and the associated frequency of surgeries performed, the surgeon acquires tremendous confidence and experience – especially if he has acquired his specialised medical training in this medical field.
Naturalness of the postoperative result
Nothing is worse than a postoperative result that makes obvious to everyone that an operation was performed. An experienced surgeon must never rush to realise a patient’s expectations. A detailled consultation assisted with a computer simulation can be a means of persuasion in this regard.
Safety over beauty
The patient’s health and safety is top priority. If an aesthetic surgery would put the patient’s health at risk it should not be performed under any circumstances. Additionally surgeries must always be performed so that normal functions are preserved – a principle that unfortunately is not always observed when it comes to the nose. In other words, what is the benefit of the most beautiful nose if one can no longer breathe properly after surgery?
Member of the following professional associations
- Expertenrat deutscher Nasenchirurgen (Gründungsmitglied)
- Gesellschaft für Ästhetische Chirurgie Deutschland (GÄCD) (Vorstandsmitglied)
- European Academy of Facial-Plastic-Surgery
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Plastische- und Wiederherstellungschirurgie
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für HNO, Kopf- und Halschirurgie